The Governing Council is a very important body within the school. It is a representative body of the parents and staff and works for the welfare of the whole school community.
The Governing Council:
- Generally oversees the well being of the school
- Advises the Principal on the needs of the school as seen by theparents and the community.
- Notes the facilities and equipment within the school and advises the Principal of changes which considers necessary
- Gives consideration to the school's general education policy, and advises the Principal on the school communities considered view of developments within the school
- Advises the Principal on the distribution of Government Grants - Is actively involved in fundraising
- Is an integral part of the decision-making process within the school
- Has a committee structure to carefully investigate and implement change
The Annual General Meeting of the Governing Council is held in mid February. All parents are invited to attend.
Council meets twice a term. The Governing Council represents the parent point of view. If you have anything you want raised please advise a member of Council or the Principal.